We know the current situation has many of you hunkering down at home. We’re here to provide you with some educational and fun genealogy activities to help you pass the time productively.
For example, we recently opened free, unlimited access to MyHeritage In Color, our highly popular black and white photo colorization tool, and all U.S. Census records are currently free until April 5th, 2020. What better way to spend your extra time at home than by getting to know your ancestors better?
Below we’ve collected some fantastic content pieces from the MyHeritage Knowledge Base that can enrich your knowledge of genealogy and help you take your family history research up a level — all from the comfort of your home.
- How to Use the Smart Matches & Record Matches MyHeritage Technologies: This webinar with Shahar Bitton, Product Manager at MyHeritage, shows you how to use Smart Matches and Record Matches to expand and enrich your family tree.
- The 6 Building Blocks of Your Family Tree: In this article, you’ll learn about the 6 components that help you build a complete profile for each family member in your tree.
- How to Create a Family Tree Chart or Book on MyHeritage: On MyHeritage, you can create a beautiful printable chart of your family tree and print it at home.
- An Overview of European Record Collections on MyHeritage: Were your ancestors European? If so, there’s a pretty good chance you can find them in one of these collections. In this webinar, Mike Mansfield, our Director of Content Operations, introduces some of the most important European collections on MyHeritage.
- Google for Genealogy: Search Tricks to Tease Out Information: Google can be a surprisingly useful resource for genealogy if you know what you’re doing. In this article, Jessica Taylor of Legacy Tree Genealogists shares some tips for getting the most out of the Google search engine.
- Researching Your Family with SuperSearch: In this recording of a session from MyHeritage LIVE 2019, Tal Erlichman (our Director of Product Management) and Daniel Horowitz (our Genealogy Expert) explain how to harness the powerful technology of MyHeritage’s record search engine.
- Hands On with MyHeritage DNA: Join Geoff Rasmussen of Legacy Family Tree Webinars and Ran Snir, Senior Product Manager at MyHeritage, as they walk through Geoff’s DNA results — and use the MyHeritage DNA tools to figure out whether Russ Wilding, MyHeritage’s Chief Content Officer, is really related to Geoff!
- How to Use Chromosome Browsers for Genealogy: This article explains how to use chromosome browsers, such as MyHeritage’s One-to-Many Chromosome Browser, to look for clues that can help you solve genealogy mysteries.
- How DNA Testing Can Reveal Your Ethnic Roots: In this webinar, Yoav Naveh, who manages the MyHeritage DNA Science team, explains how MyHeritage is able to determine where your ancestors were from by analyzing your DNA.
Hungry for more? Browse the MyHeritage Knowledge Base for dozens more webinars, articles, and how-to videos.
The post 9 Great Genealogy Resources To Take Your Family History Further appeared first on MyHeritage Blog.
Source: My Heritage