We are thrilled to announce that we are launching our first-ever podcast, Blast From My Past. The podcast will feature the incredible true stories of people whose lives were changed by what they discovered through MyHeritage about their family’s pasts — whether it was a close relative they never knew existed, the key to unlocking an old family mystery, or a newfound connection to a long-forgotten legacy.
Since our foundation, MyHeritage has been privileged to play a key role in many breathtaking and deeply moving stories. We see it as a duty and an honor to share these inspiring stories with you, and we have been doing so through various platforms, including this blog, our social channels, the international media, and video. Now, we are so excited to utilize a new medium for sharing these stories: the podcast. It’s our first foray into the world of podcasting, and in complete alignment with our company philosophy — it’s all about our users.
The debut episode, “The Secret of Ereikoussa,” tells the story of Yvette Corporan, a bestselling author and Emmy Award-winning producer who set out on a quest to confirm the extraordinary story her grandmother told her: that the Greek Island community where she grew up conspired to hide a Jewish family right under the noses of their Nazi occupiers.
Listeners will follow along as Yvette digs for clues, and, with the assistance of MyHeritage CEO Gilad Japhet, makes discoveries beyond what she had ever imagined.
Some of the stories we have lined up for this season include:
- A journey to the world’s most far-flung locations to preserve the endangered legacies of remote tribes
- A project to reunite adoptees around the world with their birth families through free DNA testing results in a number of touching reunions
- A soldier who earned an Iron Cross for his service on the German side in WWI, only to be driven out of Germany by the Nazis and earn a Silver Star fighting for the Allies in WWII
- A pair of sisters, abandoned as babies at the same train station in South Korea and adopted to families on opposite ends of the globe, who discover each other through DNA testing
- A pair of Colombian half-brothers, adopted in different countries, who found each other through DNA testing — but whose discoveries didn’t stop there
With audio production by award-winning agency Listen, Blast From My Past is presented in first-person narrative format with no host, giving center stage to the protagonists. Each episode will focus on a story, or a series of stories surrounding a common theme, and will run for a maximum of 30 minutes. The first season will include eight episodes, to be released once every two weeks — and we intend for it to be the first of many.
Blast From My Past is now available for streaming and download on all major podcast platforms — and of course, it’s entirely free.
How to follow and listen
- Click here to follow and listen on Spotify.
- Click here to follow and listen on Apple.
- Tap here on your mobile device to follow and listen from your favorite podcast app.
- You can also follow and listen on your web browser by clicking here.
We’ll be choosing 3 of our podcast followers to win a MyHeritage Complete Plan, our ultimate family history package which includes unlimited family tree size, access to over 16 billion historical records, priority customer support, and much, much more.
To enter, just comment below that you’re following the podcast on one of our podcast streaming platforms. We’ll notify the winners on Sunday, March 13, 2022. Good luck!
Our best stories come straight from our users, so please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and ideas with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: My Heritage