Press "Enter" to skip to content

How to File a FOIA Request for Genealogy Records

Want your ancestor’s application for a Social Security Card (called an SS-5), WWII alien registration form, or other federal record that isn’t already publicly available? You’ll need to send a Freedom of Information Act (or FOIA) request to the right agency. Here’s how: You’ll need to know the agency that created it, what the record is, when and why it was created, and the name of the person in…


Source: Family Tree

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *