With Mother’s Day around the corner, it’s time to celebrate our matriarchs with a new challenge! We want to see photos of the moms in your family, going as far back through the generations as you can. The winners will receive a free MyHeritage Complete plan!
It’s so touching to see a family photo with several generations all together in one place. You and your maternal ancestors may not have had the privilege of knowing each other in real life, but through photographs, you can reach back through the ages and connect with the women who made you who you are today.
MyHeritage user Margie Wirth recently sent us photos of the four generations of women in her family.
“Here are four generations of women. We all have similar eyes. My hair was much redder when I was younger. I definitely got my hair color and thickness/texture and hazel-green eyes from my great-grandmother Maggie. I got my square face shape and nose from my great-great-grandmother, Mary. My profile and chin are similar to my grandmother. She also received the same hair thickness and texture from her mother.”
So join hands with your maternal ancestors and enter the #MomsInMyFamily Challenge now!
How to enter:
- Post the photos of the generations of women in your family tree. They can be in one photo or multiple photos.
- Share the photo or photos on your favorite social media platform Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok and tell us a little about the women in the photos.
- Don’t forget to tag us and include the hashtag #momsinmyfamily in your post!
Some tips and notes:
- We love a good story. Share something about the women in your entry and what makes them special to you.
- If you can show us the resemblance between the generations, that would be awesome, but not necessary — after all, not all moms and children have to look alike.
- You can post the photos in their original state, or use the MyHeritage photo tools to colorize, enhance, or animate them!
Winners will be announced on May 9th 2021. Good luck! We can’t wait to see your entries.
The post Enter the #MomsInMyFamily Challenge for a Chance to Win! appeared first on MyHeritage Blog.
Source: My Heritage
Be First to Comment